A sacred concert will be given at Lake Ottossee [part of modern-day Chilhowee Park] Sunday afternoon, commencing at 3 o’clock for the benefit of the Knoxville Medical college hospital. Only the small charge of 10c will be made for admission at the gates.
The following is the program selected for the occasion:
- March (from Gospel Hymns) — Crouch’s band
- Vocal, Saved from the Storm — Dr. Clemant Wilward
- My Dreamland (Wallace) — Band
- Vocal, Honor and Arms (Handel) — Dr. Milward
- Jerusalem the Golden — Band
- Piano Duet — Miss Frank Clarke and Dr. Milward
- March (from Stabat Mater) — Band
- Vocal, Why do the Nations (Handel) — Milward
- Selection — Band
It is hoped that the good people of Knoxville will liberally patronize the management of the Lake Park issues, and thus benefit at the same time one of Knoxville’s most worthy charitable organizations.
Source: Knoxville Daily Journal and Tribune, May 16, 1891, page 3