Photo from the University of Tennessee Libraries Digital Collections, Identifier 0012_000067_000231
Riverside Hospital, located on Riverside Drive, was established around 1918. It continued to operate until 1927 when it became Riverside-Fort Sanders Hospital and moved to 1909 Clinch Avenue.
Dr SR Miller Knoxville Tenn associated with Riverside Hospital a small private hospital writes, “Our space is limited and we therefore do not have many service rooms, consultation rooms, waiting rooms, and the like, but the staff can get meals in the hospital at mealtime when they wish them. A charge is usually made except when it is only a cup of coffee, or coffee and toast in emergency work in the late hours of night. (Source: Hospital Management, Volume 13, No. 3, Crain Publishing Company, 1922 p. 36)
Riverside Hospital is located at 230 Riverside Drive, Knoxville, Tenn. Established 1917. private surgical 50 beds, Miss Dora McClain, superintendent. (Source: American Medical Directory, Volume 7, American Medical Association, 1921, p.1413)
Note: Dora McLean was a 1914 graduate of KGH. She married B. C. Hodgson, a noted songwriter.