The hospital’s centennial celebration posting on-line (click here) contains many photographs.
The information includes an undated photo of a nursing class and the following text:
The Fort Sanders School of Nursing is established. Twelve young women formed the first student body. Along with their studies, they were required to make obstetrical gowns, hem sheets and curtains, draperies, prepare linens for surgery and make their uniforms in time for the hospital to open in 1920.