City of Knoxville Purchases LMU Hospital in 1917

The City of Knoxville’s purchase of Lincoln Memorial Hospital, which was located across Cleveland Place from Knoxville General Hospital, occurred in late 1917 to early 1918.  Some resources say LMU was sold to the University of Tennessee, but that is … Continue reading

East Tennessee Baptist Hospital, 1958

East Tennessee Baptist Hospital opened 19 Oct 1948 in Knoxville.  Soon afterward, Baptist instituted its own 3-year nurses’ training program.  Some Baptist students did portions of their clinical rotations at Knoxville General Hospital. Over the nearly 60 years Baptist existed … Continue reading

Tennessee Nurses’ Association District Two Members, 1935-1936

District No. Two of the Tennessee Nurses’ Association in the years 1935-1936 encompassed 24 counties in the Eastern portion of the state: Anderson, Blount, Bradley, Campbell, Carter, Claiborne, Cocke, Grainger, Greene, Hamblen, Hancock, Hawkins, Jefferson, Johnson, Knox, Loudon, McMinn, Monroe, … Continue reading