Knoxville College Hospital Knoxville, Tenn, Established 1906; public for colored patients, 17 beds, Miss Helen Ferguson RN, superintendent. (Source: Hospital Management, Volume 14, No. 5, Crain Publishing Company, 1922, p. 88).
In 1917, Polk’s Medical Register & Directory of the United States and Canada indicates the hospital was located at 1825 Clinton Road and had a capacity of 20. It was private (students only), and Mrs. M. S. White was Superintendent (page 1416).
This hospital is also called the Eliza B. Wallace Hospital, after a woman who worked to raise money to build the hospital.