City of Knoxville Purchases LMU Hospital in 1917

The City of Knoxville’s purchase of Lincoln Memorial Hospital, which was located across Cleveland Place from Knoxville General Hospital, occurred in late 1917 to early 1918.  Some resources say LMU was sold to the University of Tennessee, but that is … Continue reading

Knoxville Hospitals in 1910

Lincoln Memorial Hospital 902 Cleveland Place Miss Eva Westover, superintendent Lincoln Memorial Hospital Training School for Nurses Dr. [Samuel D.] Acuff, medical director Knoxville General Hospital Dameron Avenue, corner of Cleveland Place J. M. Brooks, president; H. M. Aiken, vice-president; … Continue reading