The women who started the KGH program in September, 1952, received their caps at a traditional ceremony in early 1953. Caps were earned after student nurses completed six months’ training.
Pictured above are (left-to-right):
Front: Nell Smith, Eloise Barnard, Thelma Fritts, Winifred Winburn, Joann Combs, Christine Dean, Joan Jessiman, Toni McCarter, Joan Blackwell
Back: Jean Campbell, Peggy Maynor, Eulene Davis, Ann Shipley, Betty Fisher, Thelma Williams, Claudeen Johnson, Nancy Smith, Martha McCall
Please note these identifications are subject to revision!
From the collection of Madeline Boyer McCall, KGH Class of 1924